Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Road the Squamish

Day 1. Learning how to talk. This morning the original plan was all the way to Squamish, but I still didn’t have a place to stay. I had also furthered my delay by making a three hour stop at Heart Creek Trail to sport climb. I only got to climb two climbs and I realized how out of practice I was. Still, I enjoyed this as it was a new experience for me, climbing with strangers that I meet on the spot. I met Dave and his friend, as well as Daniel, Terry and one more person; I can’t remember all the names.
Heart Creek with my good friend Esteban

Instead of Squamish I made it to Richmond BC, and stayed with my friend Joy. Shuswap lake was very pretty. I wish I could own a boat there.

Day 2. I spent the day with Joy, who should have been studying. I felt bad because she needed to study, but I was also very glad to have a friend today. We drove around Vancouver, and biked at Stanley Park. It was very pleasant. We got lost for a few hours.
A picture of Joy and I

On my drive I enjoyed the Beautiful British Columbia coastline. The fog setting in because of the rain looked amazing. I stopped on the side of the road to take it in, and then joined a group of five mountain bikers, who were making a stop on their way to whistler, in some hacky-sack. We didn’t talk much; I asked them where I could bike in Squamish. One of them was also named Scott, he was also a climber.
On the road to Richmond by Salmon arms

I found a hostel, for tonight. It is run by a nice couple, Yulin and Ivan; they invited me to join on their meditation tomorrow morning. I accepted and told them I will be using the time for prayer.

Ivan and Yulin

No comments:

Post a Comment