Thursday, May 30, 2013

Climbing in Squamish

Day 5: Thursday May 30, 2013. I really wish it would stop raining.

New beginnings: I was grumpy when I got up. I was feeling a bit homesick, and a bit scared again.  As I was finishing breakfast, I saw Ken. I offered him a ride into town. We talked about climbing crags at Malamute. The weather was nicer and I still hadn't gone climbing on this trip for real so I thought it was a great idea. By this point my mood had started to change, I really think I was just grumpy because I was hungry and tired. We started out with a slab. I believe it was Malamute North wall. Then we moved to the Starr wall.
This was the view from the Starr Wall

I really did need some time by myself so I used this opportunity to go off to do some biking. I tried another blue square route called the Rollercoaster. I expected it to be somewhat like the route from yesterday, but it was tame. Still it was fun and short, so I did it twice. I returned to camp, and made myself a dinner.

Tomorrow Ken and I are going to do crags at smoke bluffs. I hope the weather is good for Ken and I. I am still feeling tired and a bit homesick. I really hope I don’t get burned out. I should increase my calorie intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment