Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hope

Last night I headed from Squamish to Richmond to visit with my good friend Joy. This morning I got up to the sounds of Mr. Roodnick playing some sort of video game. My first time at the Roodnick’s I had huge culture shock seeing the living room lined with computers! Again I had culture shock when I greeted Mr. Roodnick and got a quick good morning. I’m actually glad that he didn’t feel obligated to act as a host, but it was just surprising. Mrs. Roodnick offered me breakfast. I felt obligated to accept. After a quick breakfast, Joy got up and we left for church.

After church we went for a quick lunch then, Joy and I headed out for Abbotsford to skydive. Our main instructor Joe was full of jokes. He was full of obviously recycled jokes. He was my tandem instructor. I chose to go with him as I he seemed more outgoing and probably more likely to do twirls and stuff. There was one sport jumper a camera man and two other tandem jumpers other than Joy and I. We were crammed into the back of the plane; Joy and her tandem instructor were the first out of the plane. Joe and I were last. Joe did a backflip out of the plane. He we spun around a few times before he deployed the chute. He did spirals in the air. I could see the other jumpers below us.
Joy and I suited up and ready to go!

After Skydiving I headed out to meet Joy's uncle Geoff Gould who lives in Hope. Before I left I said goodbye to Joy. I realized I left my uplink jacket in Richmond, and Joy said she would find it for me. That might give me an excuse to see her again, so it’s not all a bad thing.

In Hope I met the Gould family. I had dinner with them and in the evening went to a local College and Career's church gathering.
I'm really bad with taking pictures. I didn't get photo's of the Gould's so a picture of Geoff off Camp Squeah's website will have to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment