Friday, July 3, 2015

June 27-29

Monday, June 29
Grand Wall!!!!!
Hunter, Shy, Ian and I decided to climb the Grand Wall!!!!

The climb started on Apron Strings, a route which had required a lot of laybacking.
Shy on Apron Strings

This climb is the craziest climb I've ever done. As expected there is lots of crack climbing and slab on the route but also tree climbing and aide climbing
This is actually part of the Beta

The slab sections were mercifully bolted, but the exposure was still huge! the run out was insane.

After and awesome climb we celebrated by having food sold by the pound at Mag's 99 and another swim this time at Murrin Lake. There were craggs surround the lake.
I got exactly what I expected, quantity not quality

Sunday, June 28
Rest day. Hunter and I decided to take a rest day in preparation for a big climb we had planned for Monday. I found a bit of info on a 4x4 trail to Cheakamus Lake and we set of late in the morning.
The route we planned to take

Turns out the trail is pretty technical, even stranding a Tacoma. We had to take the bikes off the hitch at one point. A couple of kilometers in we realized the risk in pushing on was too high. Unfortunately I could not turn around as the trail was just too narrow. I could not reverse out as the hitch mount would dig in so I continued to push on until the trial widened a bit. I did a multiple point turn and we returned the way we came a bit defeated not reaching the lake.

As we returned to the Cheakamus camp site we ran into Harry, a friend of mine who worked with me at the outdoor center. He invited us to a barbecue later that afternoon.

At the barbecue we were roped into helping paint the host, Eric, paint his house, which we did not mind as we got free beer and burgers.
The only picture we have of the day is one of Eric's lamps suspended by a carabiner

Saturday, June 27
Saturday was a scorcher so we got an early start to climbing. Hunter and I were planning to do Birds of Prey while Shy and Daire were getting onto The Great Game. Hunter and I took the wrong trail head on the way and and got pretty lost. By the time we found the climb there was already a lineup so we jumped on The Great Game behind Shy and Daire.

We spend the afternoon at Cat Lake. We played on a log in the water



No comments:

Post a Comment